Wednesday 22 November 2017

I Did Nothing Today

I Did Nothing Today 

A Poem

 When children come home at the end of the day 
The question they’re asked as they run out to play 
Is “Tell me, what did you do today?” 
And the answer they give makes you sigh with dismay 
“Nothing. I did nothing today!” 

Perhaps “Nothing” means that I read a book, 
Or…with a teacher I got to cook. 
Maybe I painted a picture of blue, 
Or heard a story abut a mouse that flew. 
Maybe I wrote in my journal myself, 
Or found a great book on the library shelf. 
Maybe I helped a friend today, 
Or went to my favourite area to play, 
Maybe today was the very first time, 
That my scissors followed a very straight line, 
Maybe I sang a song right to the end, 
Or worked with a special brand new friend. 

When you’re three, four, or five your heart has wings 
And ‘nothing” can mean so many things.




The children have been working really hard this week learning their Nativity songs. They have also been sequencing in maths, writing posters in literacy, perfecting their yoga moves in PE and developing their social skills in their choosing time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment